Fencing offers an experience unlike any other. Everyone wants to sword fight, but not everyone wants to do it every day like we do. Fencing makes a great activity for you group as a workshop or demo. Let’s define what we mean:
Demo (Demonstration). Our fencers will demonstrate to your group what fencing is. We’ll talk a little about the sport, show you the weapons and then do a little demonstration fencing. Great fun for all.
Workshop. Watching it is fun, but doing it is better. We provide all the equipment and staffing. You provide the participants, pirates, jedis, whatever. With a few minutes of introduction to our sport and a little training to walk like Cap’n Jack Sparrow, and your group will be on its way. Within a short time you’ll be fencing each other and tying out the sport. Workshops generally last between 1.5 – 2 hours. Custom times are possible.
Here are some ideas for you:
- Birthday Parties. What better way to celebrate your birthday than with a fencing party? Uh, adults, you can do it, too. It’s not just for kids.
- Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts. Duel it out with fellow scouts. A whole new experience for the scouting life.
- French/Spanish Classes. French, English and Spanish are the official languages of the FIE (Federation Internationale d’Escrime), our international governing body. Most fencing terminology has its origins in French and is commonly a mix of French and English. We can let your students learn a little fencing and learn how we use your language in our sport.
NOTE: Also available in Russian.
- Literature Classes. Reading Romeo & Juliet? Hamlet? The Three Musketeers. We’ll divide the class into Montagues and Capulets or Cardinal’s Guards and King’s Musketeers. Then you’ll fight it out. Ok. We’ll teach you a little, too, and talk about the fencing of the period of your literature.
- History Classes. The sword has an almost religious significance in a lot of our history. The sword is still a part of our daily life in our expressions, logos, movies and literature. We’ll come talk to you about the history of fencing, show you some weapons and how they’re used and then let you try the modern equivalents.
- Duel the Boss. Fencing is a great way to have a company retreat. Fencing provides lessons for life. Relax, have fun and learn how fencing can impact your life and workplace. Maybe you get to take the boss on in armed combat, too. What could be better?
There are many, many more possibilities. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about your group today!